The temporomandibular joint connects the jaw to the skull. Pain in this area is characterized as Temporomandibular Disorder. This joint is similar to many others in the body, and, as such, is susceptible to conditions like ankylosis, arthritis, and dislocations.
TMD Symptoms Include:
- Biting/chewing difficulty or discomfort
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Hearing loss
- Headaches/earaches in the morning
- Jaw pain or tenderness
- Reduced ability to open/close the mouth
Oral Appliance Treatment Solution for Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a disorder characterized by abnormal pauses in breathing or instances of abnormally low breathing during sleep. This disorder disrupts the deep sleep that refreshes the body, and sufferers are often drowsy during the day.
Symptoms of sleep apnea can also include the following:
- Slower reaction time
- Vision problems
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
- Sleep paralysis
- Loud snoring at night
- Snorting or choking sounds during the night
- Waking up at night short of breath
- Headaches in the morning
- Sleep apnea treatment usually begins with behavioral therapy and/or the use of a device to keep a patient’s airways unobstructed and ensure normal breathing.